I will never buy another Viking product after what we have experienced with our 5-year old Viking refrigerator.Until this year, we were so thrilled with our new kitchen.

Then Jan 5, 2013 came and our refrigerator stopped working. We had to throw out well over $1000 in ruined food. Imagine my surprise to find that we couldn't get same day service for such a serious problem on an expensive appliance. Only after contacting Dave and Donna from RiverBend and Co, where we purchased all of our appliances, did we finally hear from a service company.

They came out 2 days later. Since the parts are so expensive for this appliance, they are not kept in stock. Not only were we charged for the new part, about $500, we had the honor of waiting almost 2 more weeks for the part to arrive and a service person to come back to install it. A horrible 2 weeks, but at least it was after the holidays and the refrigerator was able to be repaired.

October 28, 2013, I came home from work to a high temp freezer alarm.

All of our food in the freezer had defrosted again! By the middle of the night, the refrigerator alarm was going off. We lost everything for a second time. I called VESCO, the company who repaired our refrigerator the first time and they had no availability to send someone out and were not very interested in our situation.

They recommended I call HADCO, and after 24 hrs received a response that they had great news - a serviceman would be in our area in 8 days! I was so angry - that is unacceptable to have to wait for such a serious repair. I started searching online to see if other Viking owners had had similar experiences. There are thousands of us posting similar reviews online about these refrigerators.

We bought an electric cooler to help us through. It is now November 11, 2013 and VESCO finally got a repairperson out a few days ago, only to tell us that the same part was gone again; the inverter board. He had just come in his car, his truck is in the shop, but he said the part needs to be ordered anyway. We are still waiting and arguing with Viking to just refund our money so we can move forward without worry that we will be going through this in another 9 months again.

We are so disappointed that Viking does not care about its customers.

Next time we are buying GE.Buyer beware.

Review about: Viking Range Refrigerator.

Comments