We have a unit that is outside of the warranty period (it's about 10 years old). About 4 months ago I noticed that the unit had a recall due to hinge defects, so I ordered the hinges and arranged for a service call. At about the same time, the freezer stopped cooling, so at the service call (in September), the repairman refilled the coolant and told me that he could fix the machine for ~$1,100. We agreed, and in January (when the parts showed up from Viking), he replaced the defective parts (though it turns out the hinges sent from Viking were for the wrong machine, so they never were fixed). About a week later, the entire unit stopped working, and the repairman told us that it's a system failure that could not be fixed. Something he's rarely seen, but comes down to a 'luck of the draw' manufacturing error.

Now, 3 weeks later, we've been offered a 20% discount off of a new machine. Ironically, the discounted price is the same as you can get online (http://anvilappliances.com/viking-48-side-by-side-refrigeratorfreezer/), so is no discount whatsoever!

Working with Viking to get anything akin to customer service has been nearly impossible.

Moral of the story--think long and hard about a viking refrigerator.

Review about: Viking Range Refrigerator.

Comments